ALERT projects fall under five key programmes (click the links below for more information, or use the filter to the right to view the projects under each programme);
- in situ lion conservation,
- ex situ lion conservation,
- education matters,
- social development,
- conserving biodiversity.
In selecting which projects to initiate, ALERT seeks to undertake efforts that:
- Are relevant to the African communities with which we work;
- Utilise locally conceived African solutions to African challenges;
- Unite stakeholders towards a common goal;
- Provide long term benefit;
- Tackle the root causes of the challenges facing Africa’s wildlife and its people;
- Are requested by our stakeholders.