What can I expect?
To provide much needed funding to our programs tourists are invited to visit our project locations to learn about our work.
Hospitality is a crucial part of any tourism operation and as an intern you will work closely with the team to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their visit. As the first impression of an organisation can be a lasting impression, it will be your duty to maintain a high level of customer service and to act as the welcoming face of ALERT and its partners. This is an important role that can often be challenging, as you strive to address the wide-ranging needs of our guests.
What will I be doing?
Your day-to-day duties will vary according to your project location and experience. We hope that you can also help train staff at the project location to improve their skills.
At Antelope Park, a private game reserve and safari lodge, there are three main areas you could be working in:
1. Reception - Meeting and greeting guests upon arrival and ensuring they are given the relevant information to help them enjoy their visit.
2. Reservations - Dealing with on-going accommodation and activity bookings and speaking to potential guests to promote the Park and its facilities.
3. The Dining Area - Providing a friendly and efficient service to guests at mealtimes and assisting in the smooth operation of this busy department.
4. The Kitchen - Helping prepare and serve the camp's meals for guests and staff.
At our project sites in Livingstone and Victoria Falls, interns may work in the following areas:
1. The Booking Office - Arranging activities via telephone/email bookings and speaking to potential guests to promote the projects.
2. The Hospitality Team - Assisting with activity presentations.
What are we looking for?
As a Hospitality intern you will ideally have, or be working towards, a relevant qualification. Previous work experience in the industry is preferable. You will obviously have excellent communication skills and will be computer-literate.
Click on these links for more information on the locations currently available: